Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gracefully funded

Posted By on Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM

It's been a tough couple years for Grace Episcopal Church, including the effort to preserve its historic buildings. The picture below shows McWilliams House, which was built in 1899 and houses the church offices, back in November 2008 when the Rev. Don Armstrong still ran the place under a conservative branch of the Anglican Church called CANA. (For on the long dispute over ownership of the the church, start with this story.)

IMG_0909.jpg

No, those posts you see in the photo aren't there for decoration.

Anyway, the folks who stuck with the Episcopal Church eventually got the place back, and now they've been awarded a $170,000 grant from the State Historical Fund to bring the place back to its former glory. The church is planning to kick in about $114,000 more, and work is scheduled to begin this summer.

Tags: , ,

Favorite

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

Most Commented On

Top Topics in IndyBlog

Local News (27)


IndyVoices (17)


City Gov (16)


Food & Drink (10)


Eco News (5)


Most Shared Stories

Top Viewed Stories

All content © Copyright 2015, The Colorado Springs Independent   |   Website powered by Foundation