The food prepared by this year's 24 participating restaurants and caterers was, as always, highly creative and largely delicious.
Guest judging this year were: Noel Cunningham, owner of Denver's Strings and 240 Union restaurants; longtime former participant Pete Aiello of Alpine Chef Catering; and James Africano, former frontman at the Warehouse (before it was purchased by Chip Johnson) prior to becoming Ted Turner's chef at New Mexico's Vermejo Park Ranch.
A rundown of the winners:
1) Duck Meatballs with Morel Mushroom Cream Sauce — Andrew Darrigan of The Food Designers
2) Lobster Bisque — Ivan Sisneros and Kirk Dunning of The Palisades at Broadmoor Park
3) Spinach Pakora — T.S. Dhillon of Taste of India
1) Wild Boar Tenderloin with Bacon Fig Ragu — Beau Green of Wild Things Catering at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
2) Cataloochee Wapiti on Exotic Mushroom Arancini — Aaron Johnson of The Warehouse
3) Colorado Lamb Stuffed with Apricots, Fuji Apple and Mint — Scott Savage of The Cliff House
1) Elvis-inspired PB&J — Cathy Werle, Ben Miles and Eric Viedt of The Margarita at PineCreek
2) Molten Thai Cake with Araguani Chocolate Sauce — Randy Mikulas of The Broadmoor
3) Carrot Cake 1790 — Tyler Peoples of The Briarhurst Manor Estate
Best of Show
Wild Boar Tenderloin with Bacon Fig Ragu — Beau Green of Wild Things Catering at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
For a slide show of this year's entries, click here.
For those entirely new to the Chef's Gala, click here to take a more in-depth look at 2007's event, and the general framework of the festive occasion.
All candidates are welcome to let us know about campaign events that we can then…
LOL that may very well be Joel. There was a lot of butt smooching as…
People of Colorado Springs: WAKE UP. Carlson found out first hand that CSF is NOT…