A bit of absurdity really opens doors in life (doesn't genius look alarmingly like insanity sometimes?). That was always the root of my love of morphology ("Devising ways of describing the properties of such disparate items as a, horse, took, indescribable, washing machine, and antidisestablishmentarianism") and the crux of the Mixed Taste lecture series at the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art.
The idea of this longtime series that began at the now-defunct Lab at Belmar is a "tag team lecture on unrelated topics" by experts in the field.
Without anymore muddled explanation, here are some of the lectures on the docket:
• 6/18: Irrational Engineering -and- the Birth of the Cocktail
• 7/9: Big Foot -and- Carl Jung
• 7/16: Bananas -and- the Tibetan Book of the Dead
• 7/23: German Expressionism -and- India Pale Ale
• 8/6: Dung Beetles -and- Leni Riefenstahl
Genius! Each event runs 6:30-8 p.m. and is $17 ($12 for members).
doonya: All five of the council members running again need to get the boot or…
I was going to post a comment on this 'non-fix' to the problem [is that…
Colorado Springs is desperately in need of a fresh and brand new City Council ....…