From the listings desk: The dog days are still almost a month away, but while entering listings for next week's paper, I noticed a preponderance of pet-related events coming up. For you dog- and cat-lovers, here's a heads-up:
• Ruff! Live 5K Run, 1K Walk, a benefit for dogs and people to raise money for National Mill Dog Rescue. Sat., June 12, 9 a.m. $25-$30. Memorial Park, 1605 E. Pikes Peak Ave., 888/495-3647, milldogrescue.org.
• Bark at Briargate, an outdoor pet expo with over 50 vendors and rescue organizations with dogs available for adoption. A charity pet wash will benefit the El Paso County Sheriff's Department K-9 Unit. Sat., June 12, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. The Promenade Shops at Briargate, 1885 Briargate Pkwy., 265-6264, thepromenadeshopsatbriargate.com.
• Dog Rescue Fundraiser Garage Sale, a large-scale garage sale with baked goods to benefit at-risk dogs at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. Fri., June 11, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sat., June 12, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sun., June 13, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. All Breed Rescue and Training, 20 Mount View Lane, Suites B&C, 264-6460, haveanicedog.org.
• Gateway Park Second annual Classic Pet Fair, an expo of pet care essentials and expert advice concerning pet health, nutrition, adoption, sitting, grooming and more. DreamPower Animal Rescue will also have pets available for adoption. Leashed pets welcome. Sat., June 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. Gateway Park at Wolf Ranch, off Research Parkway and Tutt Boulevard, 282-1650, wolf-ranch.com.
• Colorado Springs Kennel Club All-Breed annual Dog Show, a competition with more than 1,500 entries, as well as supply vendors and more. June 12-13, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. $1-$3, free admission for military and their families. Phil Long Expo Center, 1515 Auto Mall Loop, 303/503-8560, coloradospringkennelclub.com.
For all other listings, hit up our Calendar box on the homepage.
doonya: All five of the council members running again need to get the boot or…
I was going to post a comment on this 'non-fix' to the problem [is that…
Colorado Springs is desperately in need of a fresh and brand new City Council ....…