Several organizations in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas are providing community health fairs this month. These are made available to the uninsured and underinsured of El Paso and Teller counties.
• The Junior League of Colorado Springs will be holding a CARE Fair tomorrow, Saturday, July 17, from 8 a.m. to noon at Peak Vista Community Health Center (225 S. Union Blvd.). Free school and sports physicals, immunizations, dental, vision and hearing exams, and haircuts, will be provided to uninsured children ages 3 to 18 (no Medicare/Medicaid). Free school supplies and backpacks will also be provided to the first 500 children receiving at least three medical services. Walk-in only; for further information, call 632-3855.
• Solid Rock Family Life Center will be holding free school and sports physicals for children preschool to college Saturday, July 24, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Panorama Middle School (2145 S. Chelton Road). Solid Rock will also be providing free dental, vision screening, eye exams, and children ID kits. Free immunizations for some uninsured children ages 4 to 18 will be provided by appointment only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and have their immunization record. Free school supplies will be provided while they last. The service area includes those areas south of Platte Avenue and east of Nevada Avenue to Fountain Valley. Please call 886-5432 for eligibility info or to make an appointment for physicals or immunizations.
• Fountain Community Services and Peak Vista Community Health Center are offering a Back to School Health Fair on Saturday, July 31, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Peak Vista Health Center (301 East Iowa St.). Free immunizations and physicals will be provided for children ages 3 to 18. Only walk-in appointments will be available. For further information, call 329-7137.
• The Northern Churches Care Health Fair will be held on Saturday, July 31, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pulpit Rock Church (301 Austin Bluffs Pkwy.). Free school supplies, sports physicals, and immunizations will be provided for eligible children ages 3 to 18, as well as vision, hearing, and dental screenings, children’s hair cuts, and free adult immunizations. The service area includes the following ZIP codes: 80907, 80908, 80909, 80915, 80917-24, 80927, and 80938. Please call for appointments (the last appointment of the day will be at 1:30 p.m.). For information, call 277-7470, extension 125.
• S.E.T. Family Medical Clinics hold eight health clinics annually, as well as free vaccinations for some uninsured children ages 4 to 18. Appointments are required; to make one, or to gather info on eligibility, call 776-8850. All clinic times are 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and the remaining 2010 clinics will be held on Thursday, Aug. 19; Thursday, Sept. 16; Thursday, Oct. 21; and Thursday, Nov. 18.
NOTE: All children must have shot records and be accompanied by parent or guardian. All health fairs plan to have Spanish interpreters.
For more information about community health fairs or other community resources such as assistance paying rent/mortgage utilities or medical/prescription costs, help with food, clothing, housing/shelter, senior services or family support, call the Pikes Peak United Way’s free community resource line at 955-0742.