You guys remember that scene from Three Men and a Baby when the guys are trying to change Baby Mary's diaper?
Cotton balls (yes, cotton balls) and diapers are flying all over the place. When Tom Selleck finally triumphantly picks a poorly swaddled Mary up, the diaper falls off, and Mary pees all over him.
Hey, it happens. Parenting is hard.
Luckily, there are better options for confused parents these days than consulting drinking buddies.The El Paso County Department of Health and the Environment, for instance, is offering a "Healthy Baby Fair" from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25 on the lower level at The Citadel. There, you can learn all sorts of things including how to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
In addition, there will be fun things to do like:
· Meet firefighters and explore a fire truck.
· Enter drawings for prizes such as baby care items—see attached photo
· Receive a free children’s dental exam.
· Meet emergency medical workers and explore an ambulance.
· Visit with McGruff, the Crime Dog.
· Get your children fingerprinted for safety.
· Enjoy a special visit with Mother Goose and puppet friends
(Who doesn't want to visit with Mother Goose and her puppet friends?)