From the listings desk: I trust most of you have already worked out some of your weekend plans, for this is the most jam-packed week of events I've seen in a long time (we here dealing with listings, a normally high-volume affair, were sufficiently shocked).
But still, cool things come to us after press time. Here's one from Monument:
Tree Lighting at Limbach Park
Friday, December 3 at 4:30pm
Small Town Christmas
Saturday, December 4, most events take place between 10am and 2pm
• Santa and Mrs. Claus at Limbach Park bandshell between10am and noon (weather permitting, in the event of inclimate weather, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on the heated patio at La Casa Fiesta.)
• Hayrides around town throughout the day.
• Plus Children’s Holiday Crafts will be at “Old” Town Hall (Fire Department Administration Building) on Second Street, from 10am to 1pm.
• Nationwide Flooring will be having giveaways from 10am to 2pm. Pick a lucky duck out of the pond and win a prize.
• At Create-a-Memory Studio kids can make Christmas ornaments (FREE!) plus 15 percent off custom hand or footprints on ceramic pieces.
• Bella Casa will have a holiday refreshments.
• Prickly Pear will have hot cider and cookies.
• Margo’s on the Alley will have refreshments.
• Bella Vi will have a Holiday Open House.
• Trunk Show featuring Darlene Armstrong, a Colorado artist, at Santa Fe Trail Jewelry.
• Book signings at Covered Treasures: Childrens’ book authors Charlotte Blessing and Barbara Tyner from 10am—12pm; cookbook authors Mr. Mom David Lilja and Linda Murdock from 12—2pm.
• Santa’s favorite elf, “Puddin Bed-Head” will be at the Healing Touch Massage Studio in the Chapala Building from 10am to 2pm with Candy Canes.
• Henry Station will be selling small (giftable treasures) in the gallery, matted artworks, jewelry and fine crafts will be ready to mail in bright holiday envelopes.
• Holiday open house and 20th anniversary celebration serving popcorn, oyster cracker mix, fresh fruit and hot spiced tea at Activecare Therapeutics, and Active Tails Therapy.
• BeXpressed and Bella Art & Frame will be offering Coffee Tasting of Kona, Peaberry and other types of Hawaiian coffee that will be specially roasted for this event along with other goodies.
• High Country Home & Garden will be sharing Christmas Entertaining Appetizer Ideas. Sample some great, fast and easy finger food for your Christmas party or pot-luck! From 11am to 2pm.
• Join us for holiday tattoos and holiday refreshments at Luna Spa and Salon.
• Crafty Laine will be providing materials and instruction for a make-and-take fabric flower pin perfect for embellishing your winter coat, plus refreshments!
• Miniature donkeys at Monumental Toys and Miniatures, 10am to 2pm.
• Expectations Spa and Salon will have free face painting from 11am to 2pm.
• Open House and 20 percent off packaged tea today only at Wisdom Tea House. The tea house is a great place to refresh and relax before, during or after today’s holiday events.
• Hot Buttered Rum and hot chocolate by the fireside at La Casa Fiesta.
• Reindeer at Front Street Square through the day.
• The Love Shop wants you to see new trends in holiday decor plus special savings and treats.
• Enjoy a nostalgic Christmas Open House at Retrospect! Holiday treats, a drawing for our secret Santa gift and 20% off all Christmas ornaments gift wrap available, to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation.
• Heart and Hand/The Bead Corner invites you to make a FREE holiday bracelet for yourself or as a gift. Also, see wonderful jewelry created by local youth.
• Secret Window Gallery and Floral Studio join us for holiday refreshments, a miniature art show and see our unique wreaths.
• A Colorado Miner will be joining Purple Mountain Jewelry, showcasing his stones and describing his mining operation. This holiday give a gift that is truly a “piece of Colorado.” Refreshments served.
• Mrs. Claus will be on hand at Hangers to give a free gift to children ten years of age or younger for them to give to their mother, father, sister, or brother (while supplies last).
I am 62 years old and have been awarded a life time National Parks Pass…
We live in a culture of instant gratification. For many, it is hard to accept…
It's not only the unstable soil/sediment that poses a hazard, but now the tress have…