Coming off of a week out of the office, I'm in inbox-cleaning mode. So here are the best food tidbits that folks forwarded me during my absence:
• Gordon Ramsay's outfit will hold an open call for MasterChef candidates from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 11, in Denver. All the info you need is on the website.
• Gift shoppers take note: The Denver Post's picks for the best cookbooks of 2010.
• Westword looks at the world's highest-alcohol beer.
• Is there a therapeutic value to gin-soaked raisins for those who suffer from arthritis? The folks at Drunken Raisins think so.
• Two Starbucks-related items: First, can the company reach its goal of 100 percent recyclable or reusable cups by 2015? Second, Colorado Springs bloggers find an amusing inconsistency with the company's campaign to ditch nasty ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup.
Lebotzke has now added a little "Tweets are my own views" comment in an effort…
Should such material be removed from a government office? Certainly. However, the question not answered…
'BirdManBlue's' post is directly on point and I appreciate the insight.