Inbox purge: go!
• Associate producer for the new Food Network show Restaurant Impossible, Justin Leonard, has in part targeted Colorado Springs in hopes of garnering applicants for season two of the program. Season one debuts at 8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 19. Restaurateurs interested in throwing their chefs hats in the mix should click here.
• According to USA Today, restaurants and bars have been experiencing "robust hiring" in the face of a bad economy.
From the article:
The food services industry added 25,000 jobs last month and was the biggest contributor to a 47,000 jump in employment for leisure and hospitality — the top job creator among 14 broad sectors the government tracks.
Side note: Bryce Crawford and I were fortunate enough to sample the #6 pick, The Alchemist Ourobouros, at the GABF this past fall. It's a delicious double IPA worthy of the award. The Waterbury, Vt.-based brewery — also responsible for beers like the Panty Dropper (American IPA), Moose Knuckle (American Pale Ale) and Farmer's Daughter (Rustic Ale) — doesn't bottle, which makes for a long journey to taste their beers usually.
• Don't tell the folks at The Springs Cupcake Truck or Couture Cupcakes, but according to an NPR report, cupcakes are dead. (Then again, if pies are really taking over major markets, we'll still enjoy 10 or so glory years of cupcakes... )
• Oil waste and overall environmental impact aside, do you like bottled water? See how your brand of choice fares on this bottled water scorecard.
• If you're the type who suffers from accidental science experiments in your refrigerator (my girlfriend is), consider the new iPhone App that tracks food freshness for you.
From the release:
In the BA's craft brewer definition, the term "small" now refers to any independent brewery that produces up to 6 million barrels of traditional beer. The previous definition capped production at 2 million barrels.
Mr. Miller consults his crystal ball and tells me, "It appears that you would be…
You write of the press, Mr. Miller, "they have the right to do whatever they…
You claim, Mr.Miller, "I feel well-qualified to repudiate your expectation that the press should get…