Food-related inbox purge — open wide:
• The James Beard Foundation announced its 2011 Restaurant and Chef Awards Semifinalists yesterday, with the list to be narrowed down in late March, then finalized and announced in May.
Six Colorado chefs are included in the "Best Chef: Southwest" category, including Alex Seidel from Denver's Fruition Restaurant and Bertrand Bouquin from The Broadmoor's Summit and Penrose Room restaurants.
Denver also shows up in the Outstanding Restaurateur, Outstanding Pastry Chef and Best New Restaurant categories.
• Denver also earned attention Wednesday with the announcement that The Infinite Monkey Theorem Winery , which I first sampled at The Broadmoor's Colorado Wine Dinner back in November, earned Colorado's first 88-point rating from Wine Spectator.
• On Tuesday, Westword also reported on Chipotle's registration of the name "ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen" for potential use for its upcoming Asian restaurant concept.
• Back to more local news, in honor of the Margarita at PineCreek's 37-year anniversary this week, the outfit is offering a special five-course dinner for $35 per person through Saturday, in addition to other house discounts and deals.
The next Spice Route Dinner at the eatery will feature "Old Europe" on March 16.
Prior to that, on next Thursday, Feb. 24, the winemaker from California's Cinnabar Winery will help host a six-course, wine-paired meal for $55 per person. And the night prior to that, on Feb. 23, Cinnabar will be featured in a five-course, wine-paired dinner at Motif for $45 per person.
• A look at bigger events coming up: Sunday, March 6 brings both the Colorado Restaurant Association's Pikes Peak Chapter Hospitality Expo from noon to 3 p.m. at The Broadmoor and the Colorado Springs Chorale's Chefs' Gala from 5 to 8:30 at the Antlers Hilton. Then, the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center holds its 20th annual Wine Festival, focusing on the wines of Spain, on March 11 and 12.
Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech are both enshrined in the Constitution. Before…
Trump to media - Behave and be decent or get slapped down again. The media…
A true Journalist will keep Politicians honest and forthright. Think of the many things that…