Time for the weekly in-box unload:
• Speaking of milk, IHOP will give free short stacks of buttermilk pancakes on March 1 to solicit donations for Shriners Hospitals.
• Eater writer Gabe Ulla calls Google's new recipe view "pretty much magic."
Learn more about it in the article or here:
• Gluten-free Boulder brewery New Planet Beer released a new beer this month called Off Grid Pale Ale.
Some details on it:
Off Grid Pale Ale is a wonderful interpretation of the classic pale ale style. It has a distinctly deep amber color and great character and body. Three varieties of hops provide a wonderful aroma and a citrus and spicy hop flavor. This smooth gluten-free ale is made from sorghum and brown rice extract, molasses, tapioca maltodextrin, caramel color, hops, and yeast. ...
As part of New Planet Beer’s Mission, each of our labels is named after a concept that helps “do good things” for the planet.’Off Grid’ means living in a self-sufficient manner without the reliance on public utilities like gas and electric. Alternative and renewable energies like solar, geothermal and wind are becoming more and more available and affordable. So, if we can help influence people to become aware of their usage of fossil fuels for heating and powering their homes and take steps to reduce that load, the better off our planet will be.
New Planet Beer will donate a portion of our proceeds from the sale of Off Grid Pale Ale to non-profit organizations promoting alternative energy education.
• Potential beekeepers need to meet a March 1 registration deadline for the Pikes Peak Beekeepers Association's annual Bee School, to be held March 12-13 at Bear Creek Nature Center. Call 632-0075 with questions. (Disclosure: I'm a member of said club and attended this school two years ago.)
• Pikes Peak Urban Gardens' next class is set for Saturday, March 12, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The topic this month centers on preparing your garden's soil. Register and get more info here. (Disclosure # 2: I'm on the PPUG board.)
Actually, that looks like the twin-tail version of the F16 with the lower airscoop removed!…
Pam, Just a small criticism: if you are going to talk about a flyover (or…
it is interesting how people who consider themselves religious are so supportive of our p***y…