Either way, here's the part where I bombard you with a crap load of food- and drink-related listings. Prepare your social calendar for scribblings:
Dig chef Ben Hoffer's menu here (click to enlarge):
• Pikes Peak Urban Gardens' next class, "Cool Season Veggies," will be held from 10 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, April 9 at Horace Mann Middle School. Entry is $5.
• Adam's Mountain Café will host its next One Bowl dinner from 6 to 9 p.m., Monday, April 11, in conjunction with our local Slow Food chapter. Seats are $22 for members and $25 for non-members. Food is consumed in silence and the evening includes a talk on eating as a sacred practice and Slow Food principles.
Oh — you wanna see the menu? ... I suppose. Check it out to the right:
• The seventh annual Colorado Springs Fork & Bottle will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m., Saturday, April 16, at GOCA 121. Enjoy appetizer and dessert samples from local gourmet restaurants as well as international wines; all proceeds benefit the Ruth Washburn Cooperative Nursery School. Entry is $35 in advance, $40 at the door.
• Trinity Brewing Co. has a bunch of upcoming events, including a Pliny the Elder tapping at noon, Sunday, March 27; the Slap Your Mammy release party at 5 p.m., Friday, April 8; a six-course, IPA-paired beer dinner at 8 p.m. on Sunday, April 10 ($65 plus tax/tip); and the third annual Saison Fest from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 16 ($35).
• The next five-course literary dinner at Giuseppe's Old Depot Restaurant will take place from 6 to 9 p.m., Sunday, April 17. Seats are $60 plus tax/tip and the feature is Arabian Nights.
• Help raise funds for Tri-Lakes Cares at 5:30 p.m., Monday, April 25, at A Taste of Tri-Lakes Cares inside Monument's Sundance Mountain Lodge. Local chefs will prepare dishes that only use items from the USDA Federal Commodity Program, found in local food pantries. Tickets are $5 plus the donation of laundry detergent, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, feminine products, deodorant or child diapers (size 3-6).
... And just to think: Some gripe that our scene is lacking. This not-even-totally-comprehensive roundup proves just how many cool culinary events occur during a given month. That's part of the reason why a handful of locals have decided to "celebrate the awesomeness of Colorado Springs" via a new campaign of sorts called COSrocks. You can find them online here, here and here.
"Utilities Board Members would be appointed by the Mayor" An 'All Appointed Board' for Colorado…
Am really happy that i and my husband are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with…
Check out this INSANE footage of the anti #MiloYiannopoulos protest @UWM MUST WATCH PLAYLIST: https://youtu.be/CtG56fkz-4E?list=PLoQTg3m……