A few more shopping events ... and some Denver excitement:
• Ellie K Boutique (230 N. Tejon St.) is hosting another Girls Night Out event, this Thursday, April 28, from 5 to 8 p.m. Per Facebook:
Come join us for a fun-filled evening celebrating summer style! This is the place to be to get outfitted for all of your summer soirees! Want some fun, affordable summer jewelry? Come check out Stella and Dot's new summer line at our Stella and Dot trunk show. As you browse the jewelry and the summer fashion on the Ellie K racks, enjoy yummy treats (including Mya Bella cupcakes!) and an Izze bar!
Other highlights of the evening:
*We will showcase handiwork from local artists.
*A drawing for a $50 Ellie K gift certificate.
*We will highlight some key summer trends.
*We will have fashionable sunglasses for only $15!!!
*Priscilla will be here again doing feather extensions (from 6pm on)!
Check out Ellie K's Facebook page for some pics of the last event. I'm the one with the purple scarf on. Chowing down on an amazing Mya Bella cupcake.
• Kids' consignment shop Recess (1721 W. Colorado Ave.) not only will be extending its hours starting May 1 to include Sundays from noon to 4 p.m., but it'll also be hosting a Mom's Day Out Spring Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, May 14, from 10 to 5. The day's events will include new spring arrivals and snacks and champagne — and 15 percent off your entire purchase.
——- ORIGINAL POST, 3:58 P.M., APRIL 25 ——-
A few tidbits for the fashionistas out there:
• Like a live Colorado Springs Vogue magazine: Check out Colorado Co-op's Spring Fashion Show, Thursday, April 28 and Friday, April 29, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the store at 315 N. Tejon St. Runway models will present the best new trends for spring, while you snack and sip on treats and beverages. And every attendee will receive 20 percent off any one full-priced item in the shop. Space is limited, so RSVP here with your name and preferred evening.
• Now through Sunday, May 1, Eve's, at 1312 W. Colorado Ave., is selling all scarves and jewelry for 50 percent off. And starting May 2, shop hours will be extended for the summer: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. If your mom's the type to enjoy bubbly while she shops, take her to Eve's for Mother's Day for some great sales and treats.
• I'd be remiss if I didn't pump one more event (full disclosure: it's Indy-sponsored and I'm on the organizing committee). Repeat Boutique Spring 2011, a fundraiser for the Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission, is also this weekend, Friday, April 29, from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, April 30, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A massive clothing/accessories/shoes/jewelry/etc. swap for all the ladies out there, Repeat Boutique invites you to bring your gently used items and swap them for as many "new-to-you" items as you can use. Learn more here.
Lebotzke has now added a little "Tweets are my own views" comment in an effort…
Should such material be removed from a government office? Certainly. However, the question not answered…
'BirdManBlue's' post is directly on point and I appreciate the insight.