Here's your periodic look ahead at area food and drink events:
More big news from our big five-star: Broadmoor wine director and sommelier Timothy Baldwin was awarded Top Sommelier at the World Finals of the Copa Jerez food and sherry pairing international competition in Jerez, Spain, earlier this week. Congrats to him and the Broadmoor.
• For the remaining Sundays through Thursdays in September, Paravicini's Italian Bistro is offering a three-course dinner for two that includes a bottle of house Chianti or Pinot Grigio for $44.
• As we noted in today's Side Dish, Conscious Table is now offering cooking classes, with dinners to follow on Thursdays through Saturdays beginning Sept. 29. A full class schedule for September and October can be found on the outfit's Facebook page.
• Sept. 28 will also see the opening of Colorado Springs' third Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill location at 1685 Briargate Pkwy., #323. The store will be the Denver-based chain's 14th; the first opened here in the Springs in June 2010.
• Greek Night: An Evening in Athens will be held at Pueblo's Saint John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church on Saturday, Oct. 8. Look for cocktails, dancing, a dinner banquet and more. $50 tickets benefit the church.
• On the heels of one at the Blue Star, A Second Cup will host another Dogfish Head Beer Dinner on Oct. 10. Seats for five beer-paired courses are $39.99.
Prior to that (and cheers to Focus on the Beer for this compilation), catch releases of Two Moons Pale Ale (Sept. 23 or so), Revival Series #11, 1943 XXXX Wartime Ale (Sept. 30 or so) and Imperial Pilsner (Oct. 7 or so) at Phantom Canyon. Trinity Brewing will host a GABF tapping Sept. 28 (with several Colorado beers) and will release Brain of the Turtle ( a "sour beer aged on cherries, coffee, almonds, in oak barrels") on Oct. 2.
• Tri-Lakes Cares will benefit from the Empty Bowls Dinner and Silent Auction on Wednesday, Oct. 12. Tickets for soup, bread and dessert, along with a handmade bowl souvenir, are $20.
• Pikes Peak Urban Gardens will offer its final summer 2011 class, "What Worked, What Didn't and What We Learned" on Saturday, Oct. 15 at Mann Middle School. The $5 class will in-part cover what you should do to put your garden to bed for fall, including adding soil amendments.
• Pikes Peak Brewing Co. will host an inaugural Monument Beer Week from Oct. 17 to 22. According to a release, this will be "a six-day celebration of craft beer and the food and culture that go along with it." Look for beer cocktail tastings, a home beer chef contest, a beer academy, a German dinner and more.
would you people be so dismissive if the magazine was a jihadist Muslim mag??? ..…
Testogen Is A Powerful Supplement That Boosts Testosterone Levels, Promotes Muscle Growth And Increases Strength…
Stop it. Just don't publish such an absurd story and call it news. It's insane…