Here are some news and events related to food and drink:
If you haven't heard much about Shining Mountain's dining services, rest assured that I haven't either. But Coulter intends to change that, and we'll tell you how, as he opens March 6.
• More teasers: We'll try to get with the folks behind a couple of incoming businesses.
The first, according to a drive-by sign sighting at Cimarron and Sierra Madre streets, will be called Vernacchio's. It's going into the former Mr. B's BBQ and Soul Food inside the tiny, classic Valentine Diner, which was put out of business in November 2008 when a minivan drove into the building.
The second, Gloni Italian Street Food, looks to be going into the Vitamin Cottage shopping center at Nevada and Southgate. That info comes via a sign outside of Rancho Alegre/La Hacienda.
• On to events, Whole Foods' North Academy Boulevard location will celebrate its eighth anniversary on Saturday, March 3, with storewide specials, samples and "a huge cake to share."
• For the entire month of March, the Stagecoach Inn will serve a variety of Irish plates in honor of St. Patrick's Day, March 17.
Pikes Peak Brewing Co. has indicated that it will also run specials via "Kegs, Eggs and Blarney Scones." Details to follow.
• Tickets remain for some of the events, such as the $65 grand tasting at The Broadmoor, as part of the 21st annual Wine Festival of Colorado Springs benefiting the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. Visit their website for full details on events spanning March 9 and 10.
• One more reminder about the CRA Pikes Peak Hospitality Expo 2012, from noon to 3 p.m., Sunday, March 11, at The Broadmoor. Details here: 22502M_CRA_Poster-2.pdf