• POSTPONED, rescheduled date TBA, Good Old Summertime Pie Baking Contest & Ice Cream Social, Mon., July 9, 5-8 p.m., Soda Springs Park, Manitou Springs, manitousprings.org.
• CANCELLED, WWE Smackdown, a brigade of WWE superstars appearing live, including John Cena vs. Big Show & John Laurinaitis and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio. Special appearance by WWE COO Triple H. Tues., July 10, 7 p.m. $15-90. World Arena, 3185 Venetucci Blvd., 800/325-7328, worldarena.com.
• CANCELLED, The Family Stone, Fri., July 13, 8:30 p.m. at the Pikes Peak Center
——- UPDATED POST, THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 5:35 P.M. ——-
• CANCELLED, Happy Ass Ranch Music Festival, June 29 through July 1, facebook.com/events/198258723628475.
• Rescheduled for Aug. 9: Pictures on the Promenade Happy Feet 2, Thurs., June 28, 8:30 p.m. thepromenadeshopsatbriargate.com.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA: Pikes Peak Hill Climb, read more about it here.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA: Chamber and EDC Annual State of the City Luncheon, Thurs., June 28. coloradospringschamber.org.
——- UPDATED POST, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 5:45 P.M. ——-
• CANCELLED, Red, White and BOOM!, Tues., July 3, 4 p.m. Fort Carson, Highway 115, carson.army.mil.
• CANCELLED, Eighth Annual Pikes Peak Arts Fest, a free family-friendly celebration of the arts featuring music and works from local artists as well as food and drink, rides, face painting and hands-on activities for kids. Sat., June 30, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sun., July 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Mon., July 2, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. America the Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Drive, 290-1981, pikespeakartsfest.com.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA: Clayfest, a two-day event full of wares, kilns, classes, an area for children and more. June 30 to July 1. Soda Springs Park, 1016 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, clayfest.com.
• CANCELLED: Longhorn Cattle Drive, longhorns and cowhands take over Tejon Street for the annual Ride for the Brand Rodeo kickoff cattle drive. Fri., June 29, noon. Downtown, various venues, 635-1101 ext. 6, championshipranchrodeo.com.
• CANCELLED: From KRCC, the DeVotchKa concert scheduled for Thursday, June 28, at Colorado College has been cancelled. There will be a make-up concert in the fall. Tickets purchased for the cancelled show will be honored in the fall. More information on refunds for those wanting one will be available in the next few days online and on-air.
——- ORIGINAL POST: 2012-06-27 13:04:30 ——-
From the listings desk: The following events have either been canceled or postponed until further notice. Check back for updates and be advised that some events may cancel or postpone at the last minute, so it's best to call ahead of time to make sure.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA, One Year Later, a reception and 90-minute panel discussion on the previous year that Colorado Springs has spent under a new form of government. Wed., June 27, 5 p.m. $20. The Mining Exchange, A Wyndham Grand Hotel, 8 S. Nevada Ave., 323-2000, peakfreedomforum.org.
• CANCELLED, Bettman & Halpin, Wed., June 27, 7 p.m. Limbach Park, Second and Front streets, Monument, monumentmerchants.com/Concerts.htm.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA, Whiskey for My Men, Beer for My Horses, a fundraiser for the museum, featuring live music, and whiskey and beer tastings from Colorado craft distilleries and breweries. Fri., June 29, 6 p.m. Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, 30 W. Dale St., 634-5581, csfineartscenter.org.
• CANCELLED, “Our First, Most Cherished, Freedom: a Community Discussion on Religious Freedom”, a panel discussion with religious leaders, scholars and liberty advocates. Wed., June 27, 7 p.m. Free. CC's Gates Common Room, 1025 N. Cascade Ave, 866-6510.
• CANCELLED, rescheduled date TBA, Ladies of Jazz with Mark Arnest, an evening of local jazz in an intimate setting. Bring a picnic or purchase drinks on-site. Fri., June 29, 7 p.m. Grace and St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 601 N. Tejon St., 328-1125, graceststephensepiscopal.org.
• CANCELLED, Colorado Springs Social Media Day, a chance to learn more about social-media strategies, and engage with leaders in the industry. Registration is required. Sat., June 30, noon. $10. Stargazers Theatre and Event Center, 10 S. Parkside Drive, 476-2200, stargazerstheatre.com.
• POSTPONED until Sept. 2, Lowell Thomas Revisited, a fundraiser featuring a program by Richard Marold, book-sales, wine, cheese and more. Sat., June 30, 4 p.m. $15. Stratton Outdoor Amphitheater, Teller County Road 81 & Diamond Avenue, Victor, 689-5509, victorcolorado.com.
• CANCELLED, The Bristol Mile, a fundraiser for the Cheyenne Mountain Heritage Center from Bristol Brewing Co., featuring a professionally timed one-mile, downhill foot race. Packet pick-up begins at 6 a.m., with varieties of racers departing between 8:45 and 10:15 a.m. Sat., June 30, 8:45 a.m. Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School, 1200 W. Cheyenne Road, 475-6120, bristolbrewing.com.
The Fourth of July celebrations in Monument and Palmer Lake have been CANCELLED. Given that the United States Air Force Academy has closed to visitors, it too may cancel its celebration. The Indy is also waiting on confirmation from Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site to see if it will cancel its event.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Ultimate Open Championships, also to be held at USAFA July 4-8 remains tenuous at this time. According to Ultimate's website, the Academy will announce Friday, June 29, if it will still host the event. In the meantime, Ultimate is looking for alternative venues. (Its backup is being used as an evacuee shelter.) Read more here.
Joel Miller is more right than he is wrong about the media. I say that…
Let me begin, Mr. Miller, by clearing the air. I am not a liberal. Lawyers…
Here's the problem with the liberal ideology...and this is why Donald Trump won the election…