One late change "due to unforeseen circumstances" to the Old Colorado City Wine Tour detailed below: Dave Brackett says Pizzeria Rustica will be taking the place of Cucuru Gallery, and pouring Italian wines.
——- ORIGINAL POST: FRIDAY, SEPT. 14, 12:43 P.M. ——-
Friday food roundup ... Go!
• A new Old Colorado City Wine Bar Tour begins from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 4 (and every Thursday hereafter at those hours through 2012, tentatively), being playfully dubbed "Around the World in Wine & Food in Two Blocks" according to TAPAteria and Pizzeria Rustica owner Dave Brackett.
Who's participating (and which region they're representing):
Motif Jazz Bistro (California), 2South Wine Bar (Washington/Oregon), Cucuru Gallery Café (South America), upstairs at La Baguette (France), TAPAteria (Spain) and Jake & Telly’s Greek Taverna (Greece).
How it works:
Customers will start by parking and purchasing tickets [$48 plus tax/tip] at Motif, 2432 W. Cucharras behind La Baguette. After Motif, customers may proceed in any order to the other venues. Each venue provides a 3oz pour and a small plate/snack to accompany.
• The Famous will host a Bombay Sapphire gin dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Sept. 17, featuring four courses paired with Bombay Sapphire-inspired cocktails. Seats are $75 inclusive.
• Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery will celebrate the release of its new fall seasonal menu and World Beer Cup award-winning Rocktoberfest ale at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 18.
The special Rocktoberfest menu is available through October 28 offering seasonal spins on classic dishes as well as fall-inspired drinks. Appetizers available are Chicken Spinach Sliders featuring a blend of Andouille sausage, bacon, chicken and spinach topped with avocado mayo and the Rocktoberfest Combo including a Bavarian pretzel and two knackwurst corn dogs served with beer mustards. Seven entrees are offered during the Rocktoberfest celebration:
• Oktoberfest Beef Short Ribs brushed with a stout beer glaze and served with apple coleslaw and white cheddar mashed potatoes
• Traditional Sausage Mac ‘N Cheese loaded with German sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes and topped with Swiss cheese and parmesan breadcrumbs
• German Sausage Platter featuring three German sausages accompanied by braised red cabbage, white cheddar mashed potatoes and beer mustards
• Harvest Grilled Chicken Salad tossed with granny smith apples, garbanzo beans, red and green bell peppers, tomatoes and bleu cheese crumbles — all topped with parmesan cheese and served with ranch dressing
• Beer Glazed Pork Chop finished with a stout beer glaze and accompanied by apple butter, apple coleslaw and white cheddar mashed potatoes
• Mushroom Melt Burger topped with cabbage, sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato on a pretzel bun served with fries and German ketchup
• Top Sirloin and Shrimp seasoned with our signature RB seasoning and paired with tequila-lime marinated grilled shrimp; accompanied by apple coleslaw and fries.
A classic Housemade Apple Pie a la mode topped with cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans offers a sweet ending to the Rocktoberfest menu. Toast the season with the Apple Ginger Mojito featuring Maker’s Mark bourbon and DeKuyper Apple muddled with fresh mint and lime then topped with ginger ale.
The signature Rocktoberfest beer has a rich, toasted malt character with a subtle hop finish and pairs well with harvest-inspired flavors. Rocktoberfest is available only for a limited time during the seasonal celebration.
• The seventh Zymurgy Institute runs Oct. 1 through Dec. 3 this year at Bristol Brewing Co. in conjunction with CSU Pueblo. The cost is $99 for the 10-part educational series.
Click on the PDF below for an application and more information:
Actually, that looks like the twin-tail version of the F16 with the lower airscoop removed!…
Pam, Just a small criticism: if you are going to talk about a flyover (or…
it is interesting how people who consider themselves religious are so supportive of our p***y…