There may be no such thing as a free lunch, but free sandbags are readily available from the city.
For those in flood-prone areas, sandbags can provide valuable protection for home and property. The summer is considered "monsoon season" in Colorado Springs, so homeowners would be wise to lay down protection now, in advance of heavy rains.
Unfortunately, just the bags are free — you'll need to pick up the sand elsewhere.
Read on for more information:
The Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management Offers Free Sandbags
Colorado Springs, Colo. — Residents in the western areas of the city will have some tools to help prepare for potential flooding from the Waldo Canyon Fire, thanks to a grant from the Colorado Fire Relief Fund that offers FREE sandbags.
These free sandbags will be available at Colorado Springs Together and the following Colorado Springs Fire Stations only:
These free sandbags will be available for residents at Colorado Springs Together and the following Colorado Springs Fire Stations:
Colorado Springs Together — 6840 Centennial Blvd. Suite A
Fire Station 5 — 2830 W. Colorado Ave.
Fire Station 9 — 622 Garden of the Gods Rd.
Fire Station 12 — 445 Rockrimmon Blvd.
Fire Station 18 — 6830 Hadler View
If you are a resident picking up sandbags, please know:
•These bags are not filled with sand. You will be provided a list of sand vendors in the area when you pick up the bags.
• Only the four fire stations listed above will have the bags, no other fire stations will have the bags available.
• Our fire stations will be in service and may not be at the station when you come to pick up the bags. We ask that you either wait for their return or try stopping by at a different time.
• You will need to sign the Sandbag Distribution Form.
• You may take 100 bags for each address per day. You may pick up more bags if you need them on a different day.
• You will receive an information bag that contains: List of sand vendors, DVD on sandbag placement, Colorado Springs Emergency Preparedness Guide, and other flood information.
Actually, that looks like the twin-tail version of the F16 with the lower airscoop removed!…
Pam, Just a small criticism: if you are going to talk about a flyover (or…
it is interesting how people who consider themselves religious are so supportive of our p***y…