Here's what we know about some upcoming ones, plus other food and drink haps:
• Natural Wine Company will co-host the five-course Passport to Italia Wine Dinner at Pizzeria Rustica, Tuesday, March 26 at 6 p.m. Seats are $49 plus tax/tip and a portion of proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House as well as Fostering Hope. Reserve seats with Coaltrain Wine & Spirits at 475-9700. Here's the tentative menu:
• The Warehouse Restaurant and Gallery will host Ross Seville of Classic Wines at 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 27 for a five-course dinner featuring wines of Chile and Argentina. Seats are $60 plus tax/tip. Reserve at 475-8880. Sorry, no menu preview on this one.
Also catch an old world wine and cheese tasting at the Craftwood Inn, Thursday, March 28 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. with sommeliers Steve Kander and Gabriel Roddy. Seats are $22 plus tax/tip and here's the wine selections: Wine___Cheese_Tasting.pdf
• The Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center and Cravings Catering will hold a five-course Parducci wine dinner from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, April 5. Artist Carol S. Daas from the current A Family Affair exhibit will speak along with FAC assistant curator Joy Armstrong. Seats are $65 for non-members and $60 for members. Here's a look at the night's menu: FAC_menu.pdf
• Tickets for Trinity Brewing Company's Saison Festival 2013 on Saturday, April 13 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. go on sale Tuesday, April 2. Pre-sale gets you a $30 ticket; any left at the door will be $35. The outfit's newly built barrel room will be on display along with tastings of Saisons and Farmhouse ales.
• The inaugural Taste of OCC is slated for Sunday, April 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. in and as a fundraiser for Bancroft Park. Tickets are $25 ahead of time or $30 at the gate to sample from area eateries and enjoy live music and art displays.
• At 9:30 p.m., Saturday, April 6, Rocky Mountain PBS will broadcast the pilot episode of Colorado Brews, a show hoping to capture our state's claim as one of the beer capitals of the world.
As it is envisioned, each episode would highlight a single brewery, with brewer interviews, a food pairing segment with The Golden Hotel's chef David Davis and input from homebrewers and beer bloggers as well as on-the-scene reporting from big beer events like the Great American Beer Festival.
You can read more about the program here: Colorado_Brews_Press_Release.pdf
And watch a preview here: