And now for some Side Dish extras relative to the weeks upcoming:
• Catch a free, cultural Songkran Celebration at Thai Lily Cuisine and Yakitori 8 at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 4. We're pretty sure you won't find the fusion of Buddhist Monks, a dunk tank and a water fight at any other event locally. Just dig the poster (by clicking on the image to the left).
• Join the Slow Food Colorado Springs chapter at the Margarita at PineCreek at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, May 9 for a special vegetarian wine dinner. (RSVP requested by May 5.) Seats are $55 plus tax/tip ($50 members; $40 sans wine.) And here's a look at the menu: Vegetarian_Menu.pdf
• Following in the philanthropic footsteps of Bristol Brewing Company and its Tuesday Night Karma Hour, Trinity Brewing Company just announced The Giving Beer every Wednesday night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., starting May 8. During that time, $1 from each Trinity beer sold will go to a nonprofit of the week. The brewery is seeking suggestions for which nonprofits to support (including contact info) at email@example.com.
• TAPAteria will host its next Paella on the Patio dinner along with Classic Wines on Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. Seats for the three courses are $29.95 plus tax/tip. Reserve seats by calling Coaltrain Wine & Spirits at 475-9700. Here's a look at that menu: menu.pdf
• And for you procrastinators: Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, May 12, and I can tell you my inbox is stuffed with info on special dinners across town, at eateries both pricey and modest. There are too many to list here, so I offer my annual advice: Call you favorite spot soon to inquire about their menu, or hail someplace new-to-you that might be a special treat for you and the lovely lady both for that newness (to you) factor.
Lebotzke has now added a little "Tweets are my own views" comment in an effort…
Should such material be removed from a government office? Certainly. However, the question not answered…
'BirdManBlue's' post is directly on point and I appreciate the insight.