As the community begins its recovery process now that the Black Forest Fire is 100 percent contained, offers are coming in from across the city specifically for those who were evacuated or lost their homes. If you know of additional opportunities, feel free to send them our way at email@example.com and we'll add to this list.
• Beauty Brands' Colorado Springs location, at 7214 N. Academy Blvd., is welcoming those displaced by the Black Forest and Royal Gorge wildfires to its salon and spa for a complimentary shampoo and blow-dry. The services are available by appointment beginning June 21 through July 7. "Our community, friends, and families have been deeply affected by the fires and our staff wanted to provide this moment of relaxation to those in need," says store manager, Cathy Morris, in a release. It is anticipated that appointments will fill quickly, so those affected by the fires are encouraged to book soon by calling the store at 528-6600.
• Falcon School District 49 administrators and the Board of Education have agreed to open D-49 facilities at no charge to community nonprofit organizations impacted by the Black Forest Fire. “As the community is making its way back to homes and businesses, space will be needed for the planning and coordination of clean up efforts,” says board member Marie LaVere-Wright in a release. “We want HOA’s, churches, boy scouts, and other non-profits to know they have a place to hold meetings as they move forward.” Organizations interested in utilizing district space should contact Dani Garcia, executive assistant to the chief business officer at 495-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Through a partnership with El Paso County’s Office of Emergency Management, Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado will continue to provide emergency clothing vouchers to Black Forest Fire evacuees at the county’s Disaster Assistance Center (DAC). Discover Goodwill will also be offering additional relief assistance to families and individuals whose homes were lost or damaged in the fire by providing vouchers for furniture and other material items to help them re-establish their residences and resume their lives. Vouchers will be available at the DAC through Saturday, June 22. Other fire-displaced residents in need of furnishings and other household items are encouraged to call 867-1118 for assistance.
• Penkhus Motor Company dealerships are offering free replacement of engine air filters to any Black Forest Community fire residents and volunteers that have damage to their vehicle air filters because of the fires. “It’s the least we can do to help the victims of these devastating fires,” said Bob Penkhus. “We want to do our part to help the community, and we hope our gesture of assistance with their vehicle will help as they piece their homes and family life back together”. As stated in a release, "air is drawn into an engine of a car as a critical part of the combustion process. Due to the heavy amount of smoke and ash in the Black Forest Community, it is probable that most of the car air filters are clogged with dirt and ash, which will contribute to poor overall engine performance."
Here are the details:
Residents/Volunteers will need to schedule their appointment by calling any of the Penkhus Family Owned Dealerships:
(719) 955-5000 Penkhus — Austin Bluffs
(719) 785-9666 Penkhus — Powers Motor Park
(719) 473-4100 Penkhus —Motor City
They can also log onto bobpenkhus.com and schedule their service online and reference Black Forest Fire Air Replacement. A proof of residency or proof of volunteer service will be needed to qualify for this free service. There is no limit on amount of vehicles per household, and no purchase necessary to qualify for this service. Offer is valid only for personal use vehicles, and is available for any make/model.
Bob, thanks for your blog. What jumps out at me is Castle Rock's willingness to…
This may be the first time I've disagreed with anything Mr. Falcone has written, but…
Directly out of the theology of wealth playbook. A belief practiced by many Evengelicals that…