the petition to overturn City Council's legislation banning cannabis clubs in the Springs.
If you haven't been keeping up, on March 23rd, Council approved three ordinances targeting the clubs. The first bans any new cannabis clubs from opening. The second mandates a new business license for all cannabis clubs — with heavy new regulations on what they can and can't do. And the third orders any and all cannabis clubs in town to cease business by 2024.
To prevent this from happening, several of the Springs' cannabis clubs have formed the People's Social Alliance, and started petitions to overturn each ordinance. Each petition needs 14,649 valid signatures by 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 21 to force City Council to take action.
So if you're a registered voter in the city of Colorado Springs and you want to keep the local cannabis clubs open, here's a list of places where you can sign the petition:
- Canna Canyon at 1507 W. Colorado Ave.
- Club Pothole at 519 N. 30th St.
- The Dab Lounge at 1532 N. Circle Dr.
- The Lazy Lion at 4950 Geiger Blvd.
- My Club 420 at 6628 Delmonico Dr.
- Springs Dreams at 4157 Centennial Blvd.
- Studio A64 at 332 E. Colorado Ave.
Remember, the deadline for the petitions is 5 p.m., Thursday, April 21.
There's only one week left to sign