Dispose of Your Household Hazardous Waste and Tires Oct. 1
El Paso County Fairgrounds Is the Location of the County’s Fifth Clean Sweep of 2016
El Paso County, CO, Sept. 19, 2016 – The El Paso County Environment Division will host Clean Sweep, a household hazardous waste and tire disposal opportunity from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1, in the parking lot of the El Paso County Fairgrounds at 366 Tenth Street, Calhan.
The event is free and open to residents of El Paso and Teller counties, but you must make an appointment.
Due to the long lines at previous Clean Sweep events, El Paso County Environmental Division has changed to an appointment only disposal.
Please register atwww.fairgroundshazardouswasteandtires2016.eventbrite.com" target="_blank"> www.fairgroundshazardouswasteandtires2016.eventbrite.com
The following items will be accepted:
· Tires, light truck and passenger tires, limit of 10 tires per vehicle.
· Electronics: Televisions and computer monitors, but limited to only three total per vehicle. Computers, printers, fax machines, laptops, notebooks, ultra-books, net books, electronic tablets, DVD players, VCRs, radios, stereos, video game consoles, video display devices with viewing screens greater than 4” diagonally
· Paint and paint-related products (stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc.)
· Household chemicals (aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oil, etc.)
· Lawn & garden chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.)
· Automotive chemicals (motor oil, antifreeze, brake & transmission fluids, waxes, bug/tar/vinyl/chrome/engine cleaners, etc.)
· All types of batteries – lead-acid vehicle batteries and all types of household batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, watch & hearing aid batteries)
· Business waste
· Containers larger than 5-gallons, fluorescent bulbs & tubes, lab-grade chemicals, mattresses, medicines, trash or recyclables, and unlabeled or leaking containers.
For additional information, call El Paso County at 520-7871.
I am 62 years old and have been awarded a life time National Parks Pass…
We live in a culture of instant gratification. For many, it is hard to accept…
It's not only the unstable soil/sediment that poses a hazard, but now the tress have…