• Red Leg (redlegbrewingco.com, pictured), Lofty (loftybrewingcompany.com), Smiling Toad (smilingtoadbrewery.com), Ute Pass (utepassbrewingcompany.com), Fieldhouse (640-6814) and Fossil (fossilbrewing.com) brewing companies all launch inside 2013.
• Green Man Taproom (320 S. Weber St., greenmantaps.com) starts work on a 50-craft-tap bar for the city's largest-scale tasting room outside the venerable Old Chicago chain.
• Bristol Brewing Company (1604 S. Cascade Ave., bristolbrewing.com) finally expands, enabling greater production and distribution. Installs the "trickest" brewing equipment in the city, to boot.
• Nano 108 Brewing Company (2402 Waynoka Road, 596-2337) launches with a commendable 16 house taps, constantly rotating with a focus on local ingredients and truly seasonal brews, many in very limited quantities.
• Brewer's Republic (633-2105) expands to 20 taps and introduces a fine bottled-beer cooler as well, nurturing the truest beer nerds among us with the good stuff.
• Trinity Brewing Co. (trinitybrew.com) expands again, while also earning the Springs' only Great American Beer Festival medal in 2013.
• Phantom Canyon Brewing Company (2 E. Pikes Peak Ave., phantomcanyon.com) expands its brewery, enabling new sour and barrel-aged series, plus bombers in local markets.
• Craft distribution of other Colorado labels noticeably increases in liquor stores for the most diverse selection of state beers to date. Buying local has never been so easy or so rewarding.
• Focus on the Beer (focusonthebeer.com) continues to regularly host popular Meet the Brewer events, featuring notable guest brewers from major labels and rare beer samplings. Translation: We don't just like beer, we like to talk about it with the beer-makers.
• Great Storm Brewing (greatstormbrewing.com) grows and hosts collaborations with the likes of the Brewers Broads women's educational drink club. (And yes, Sign No. 11 could be that we have an educational drink club, not to mention Colorado State University's Zymurgy Institute classes.)
I was thinking the same thing about the wage. We are members of the ymca…
The minimum wage for cooks and back of the house restaurant staff will be $9.30…
Well thanks for the honest feedback. We'll try to improve as we love our city,…