I thought the shrimp was outstanding. The overall atmosphere was not.
You have to be careful here. 95% of the time the food is unbeatable, and then there is the other 5%. My favorite dishes there are the fish and chips, the bangers and mash, and sheppard's pie.
I have been going there for around 5 years now, and almost always order one of my 3 favorites. It's ususally great, BUT... a couple times a year it's horrible (and that's an understatement!) The last time I was there I ordered the Shppard's pie. It came with a well done top and the gravy was so thin and overpowered with rosemary it was disusting. Now the waitstaff and manager were all over it trying to make it better. I'll definately give them that. The second try at the pie was even worse than the first. I fianlly had to change to the bangers and mash which was rushed (as by the time I got it my wife had already finished her meal) was not properly cooked. I walked... and have not returned.
The one thing you NEVER do in a restaurant is serve undercooked pork (or chicken for that matter).
So, unless they've corrected the problem, which is sporadic, your taking the quality of your evening, and your health, in your hands!
Average place. Noisy. Young, drinking crowd.
All content © Copyright 2017, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation