First: A definition of hagiography: noun, the writing of the lives of saints.
Saw the movie recently; thought it was excellent and worth seeing. Go.
Any movie about baseball is worth seeing. How sad to see today's game, full of steroid strongmen, greedy agents and idiot owners (Luria, anyone?).
By comparison to some of today's clowns, like A-Rod, maybe JR was a saint.
Great review because I couldn't agree more with you. I personally am sick of the Hollywood RRR syndrome = Remake, Relaunch, Re-Release.
Horror movies suffer the most from the RRR's. That or the endless sequel's.
Wrong Turn 5, seriously? Final Destination 5...
My favorite part of this remake was when the credits finally started to roll.
Sam Raimi should be ashamed of himself for allowing this to happen.
Olympus has fallen Movie Download
Download Olympus has fallen Movie
Olympus has fallen Movie Download : http://www.downloadolympushasfallenmoviewa…
Download Olympus has fallen Movie : http://www.downloadolympushasfallenmoviewa…
Sounds like you're a hater!
Thanks for this review. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Skyfall, so I’m excited to see it. A couple of my DISH co-workers and I are planning a Daniel Craig Bond night before we go to the theater this weekend. I added Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace to my Blockbuster @ Home queue, which I have through my DISH account. They should be showing up in my mailbox pretty soon. It’s so convenient, especially since I never have time to go rent movies at the store anymore. It’s been forever since I’ve seen these movies, so I’m really excited to refresh my memory!
don't listen to this douche's review this movie was great blew the other Spider movies away....it had heart...people were cheering at the end...i haven't seen that in awhile!!!great movie..nuff said
This movie will fucking suck.
I love that Salma Hayek is the bad girl in this movie, not the heroine like she normally is. Oliver Stone made a great decision in putting a woman crime lord into the movie even if it isn’t a good one. The combination of her and Benicio Del Toro definitely made me want to watch this movie more. I think the two of them, and sometimes John Travolta, totally make the movie. One has to wonder where Oliver intended since the idea behind it was decent. I know that when this movie comes out I might have a hard time finding it at the nearest kiosk so a Dish co-worker suggested Blockbuster @ Home. He said that the movies get delivered to my house and I even have the option to stream movies to my Hopper. Since Savages isn’t out on DVD yet I can put it in my queue so I can get the movie right away. Of course I jumped on the opportunity to try it out and I’ve been hooked ever since. I don’t have to leave the house to get the latest releases: no more waiting in line, driving around and wasting gas. If you try not to look at it critically, the movie works.
See the Dark Knight Rises Thursday at 7pm in Denver!
See The Dark Night Rises Thursday at 7pm in Denver!
It worth seeing. IMO Robert Downey, Jr, really aced his role.
Otherwise, it's comic book stuff that won't disappoint comic book fans.
My son ended up in a psychiatric hospital from the endless bullying, school officials were useless..
A much better movie than this review would indicate, probably because I thought Immortals was just a mess while Wrath is much more coherent. It's cheesy in places, but entertaining, and I thought the effects managed to get the idea of gods fighting pretty well.
It looks fun to me. It helps to have great source material and characters. It feels like they whipped off the sequel too quickly. Didn't the first one just leave theaters? Oh, well - I'll check it out at some point over the holidays. Here's my favorite review so far - from a Finnish film critic who seems to be writing for stoners.
Hey check out an amazing interview with the original "Ren McCormack" Kevin Bacon at: http://culturecatch.com/vidcast/kevin-baco…
I know of a local film submitted to the Indie Spirit that was written, shot, and shown in Colorado Springs that was not accepted. Yet this film was a finalist in the Las Vegas International Film Festival
What a fantastic movie! Great story and great cast.
I believe when Dumbledore indicated that Harry could go "on," he meant that's what would happen if Harry decided to board a train and leave King's Cross station, as it were, rather than going back to fight Voldemort and save Hogwarts and the wizarding world at large. That's how I interpreted it anyway.
I'm not sure you can call the Serpent/Skyscraper scene coherent. My reasoning is as follows:
1. Our heroes slide from nearly the top floor down to just before the building bends before they fall back inside.
2. When they fall inside, they slide across white linoleum until one of them falls out the other side and alerts Shockwave to send his serpent up to get them. (coherent so far.)
3. The serpent starts squeezing the building at the bend point and our heroes start sliding in the opposite direction across blue/grey carpet. The building is still falling in the same direction. This is forgivable if it were a reverse shot, but where did the blue carpet come from?
4. When the serpent finally squeezes the building enough that it falls with the top landing on a near-by building (creating essentially a building bridge) our heroes fall out of the top of the now sideways building to land safely on the fire escape of the other building. If our heroes decided to go upstairs in a falling building this would explain the change in floor covering, but there is no reference made to them climbing crazy sideways stairs (at least 10 flights) in the 45 seconds it takes the serpent to cut the building in 1/2.
In the first four points above I consider physics and time to be the enemies of coherence. My next two points are based on my opinion of survival instincts and their effect on coherent action sequences.
5. If I'm on a crack special forces team & I want to get high up in a skyscraper to shoot at a target, in Chicago, why do I choose the only bent skyscraper?
6. When the serpent is climbing the building, there is a quick-cut to office workers (not our heroes, but extras so someone did this on purpose) ducking behind desks and fleeing for safety. Here's my thought. If decepticons took over my city the night before, I'm not coming into work today, especially if my building is bent! I am not thinking, "Yeah, Megatron is scary, but... those TPS reports aren't gonna file themselves."
I'm open to other coherent scenes if anyone finds them, but I don't remember any.
All content © Copyright 2013, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation