RegionName: Academy (North)
To the two of you - Sally and Happy few - you ignore all the gun laws that currently exist - some 2000 of them. Isn't that and having a background check done when you guy a gun from a store enough for you? Or do you want to be the type of citizen the founding fathers feared - idiots who don't think or evaluate. background checks are done EVERY TIME someone buys a gun at a gun show or store. Have you ever bought a gun? Go try it and see if you can just walk out with the gun - go on I DARE YOU!!
The second thing is to educate YOURSELVES. You ignore all the research that has been done on gun violence which has been going down these last ten years according to the FBI and many other sources and stop being afraid of guns. Go get Lott's book and read it. Then think about what you have read.
Again - you ignore that any mentally ill person will use whatever he can find to create chaos - guns are ONE small part of that equation. In the three instances above, not one gun was used to kill another. And if it came to being boiled alive with hot water and bleach, a gun would be a quick and less painful way to go don't you think? that happened here in the Springs. The other night a homeless man died in one of our parks - a gun wasn't used. He died from exposure and probably health conditions. Why aren't your panties in a tightwad about that Sally?
Third, understand that most gunners are law abiding folks - they are YOUR neighbors, church members, teachers, etc. When they sell a gun they don't sell to scumbags - they sell to friends and others who know how to use a gun safely. Most scumbags cannot afford the prices folks charge for their guns. Those prices run in the hundreds of dollars to buy from someone who has one. And consider that the Boston bombers used a pressure cooker - would you make folks get a background check to buy those? Hey - why not a background check to get a car! Cars kill more than guns anytime!
AND for you two, you both ignore the defensive use of weapons. Over two million times a year guns are used for SELF DEFENSE. If three men were breaking into your home and threatening your loved ones, I am sure you don't want to tell them, "Wait - I am going to call the police."
NOW go learn some things about guns and wake up! Stop being afraid of them and buy one and learn to use it properly.
This is in reply to Sally Alberts, Tues. Nov 7 – Its Insanity.
Sorry Sally - there are tons of regulations concerning guns now. We do not need more. Gun owners are NOT fighting to keep safety measures from being taken – they already have been in place. What they are fighting for is their second amendment rights.
And guns are threatened – look at the actions of the Colorado State legislature this past year. Those members swore to up hold the constitution of the state and the nation and have done neither. They trampled on the Second Amendment to the point that the county sheriffs are suing them and citizens recalled two of the most egregious abusers of it.
And as far as no place is safe – you are correct. Anytime a mentally ill person wants to kill someone, they will. And they don’t have to use guns to do it either. Look at the woman who scalded and killed her mother with hot water and bleach. Look at the man who used his car to run down tourists in California. And look at the mentally ill Asian wacko who used a knife to hack an entire family to death.
Sally you need to read the book, More Guns, Less Crime 3rd edition by John Lott and get some common sense to back up your supposed intelligence. Then you need to go research who abuses guns – hint: Its not the lawful gun owners but the mentally ill. Finally you need to realize that a person who wants to kill another will find a way and a weapon to do so. Why don’t you use your time to work on getting funding for the mentally ill instead of wasting it showing us you are sadly misinformed?
Sounds like a sicko to me! Who wants to listen or even see the crap he produces?
This guy sounds good to me even thought I am NOT in his district. Go for it Lundeen!!
In an interview with me, Hill did say he was moving to his in laws house and the reasons for doing so were to
1. save money so he could sell his house. when asked how that would save money, he had no answer. He still had to pay his mortgage on his house
2. He then stated that keeping a house clean with 4 young children is tough when you need to show it, but his parents would not respond to requests sent to confirm that Hill was living with them.
3. To have 4 adults and 4 kids in a one bathroom, three bedroom about 1800 sq ft home is quite tight living. I interviewed the neighbors on either side of HIll's current home on Madison and they all said he still lived there and one in fact had been invited to a BBque on a Friday night the week before at HIll's home on Madison. The neighbors around Hill's parents home said they have not seen him being there regularly which is what should be done if Hill and his 4 kids and wife lived with the parents.
4. then he stated that he was refurbishing his deck when in fact he was building a new one and the county regional building office issued him a stop work order on his home. so he doesn't follow the laws he expects us to follow.
5. And telling a public official (notary) that you lived where you didn't is a felony in this state. He did this at the state convention in March of the year he ran for his state senate seat. He signed a statement stating he lived at his parents home address of Pennsylvania int he springs - not true!
6. The day I went to his house to interview him he had a 2 day book order addressed to him lying on his front porch from Amazon. If he lived with his parents, why have a purchase sent to a home address he said he wasn't occupying?
Time to get your information correct folks.
John Lott has proven that MORE GUNS equal less crime so why not encourage citizens to get trained and be armed in response to crime?
This is a tough decision but consider the following - many children have died when being born. Thus if you charge a man with murder or killing a baby as in this case BEFORE the child was born, how could you possibly tell if the child would survive the birth process? and I also wonder if these PRO LIFERS would support a child AFTER it was born if they force a woman to deliver her pregnancy?
All Comments »
All content © Copyright 2013, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation