Thank you for this opportunity.
Ken Buck is an honest, decent man. He is very careful to only point out policy differences between himself and other candidates. He never makes dishonest smears as some of the others do. He is not “business as usual.”
10) Ken Buck will vote in terms of the United States Constitution. He has taken that oath many times. He realizes that unless we return our country to its founding principles, our country will not survive.
9) Ken Buck always takes a commanding lead in appearances I’ve seen or heard. He is able to think and speak extemporaneously and without prompting from an adviser in the wings.
8) Ken Buck has the intellect and the Constitution to guide that intellect. He entered uncharted territory in Weld County by cracking down on illegal immigration and identy theft. He fought all sorts of powers to do that.
7) I have been so discouraged with Republicans that I have not worked actively for at least six years. I resisted favoring Ken Buck, even when a trusted friend told me he is different. I attended one meet-and-greet and was stunned by Buck’s honesty and down-to-earth demeanor. I was really impressed at how he had no canned answers. For each answer, Ken went through the logical thought process that lead him to his conclusion. How refreshing!
6) Ken Buck is only 50. He has the potential to gain significant position in the Senate. We need people like Ken Buck and Sen. Jim DeMint. Even just a handful of true Americans can turn the tide in this country. Until all senators take term-limits pledges, I hope Ken Buck does not.
5) Buck has already sworn his allegiance to principle over party, and I believe him. Ken Buck is pro-growth and pro-taxpayer. He is apparently supported by Americans for Job Security, a PAC of the United States Chamber of Commerce. That’s okay with me since the C of C works for growth and employment. Even so, I don’t ever see Ken Buck voting for something if such vote is not in accordance with his values. His opponent is supported by multitudes of PACs. PACs are a modern-day reality. The issue is the strength of character of the candidate.
It should be noted that even though AJS apparently supports Buck, it is not "Buck's PAC." By law, he can have no affiliation with it.
4) Ken has been all over Colorado, many times. I have been to several debates and forums, always hoping to see Ken Buck and Jane Norton side-by-side. I have yet to see them together. What I do see is that Ken just keeps showing up. The voters are seeing that, too!
3) Ken has a wonderful chance at winning in November. He leads both Democrats, and is now leading Norton by double-digits. Republicans are not pleased that Buck’s opponent bypassed the assembly and snubbed the grass roots; the duly elected representatives of their precincts. Democrats are particularly not in favor at the moment because of their liberal, big spending, and liberty limiting views and votes; but even if they were, Ken Buck will present a commanding presence over either of them.
2) I believe either Republican would try to serve constituents, although at present, Buck’s opponent refuses (on Facebook) to answer any difficult questions respectfully submitted to her. They get deleted. I hope that is not a bad omen for how she will respond to Coloradans in the future. My experience with Sen. Bennet, in particular, is that he ignores my communications.
1) Pride: Coloradans will be proud of Ken Buck. He has been honest and strong throughout. He is responsive to questions and will discuss anything, even those issues about which someone disagrees with him. He has never resorted to dirty tricks, truth-twisting and outright lies.
If I had one word to describe Ken Buck I would say "honest."
Bonus: I don’t know if any of the present U.S. Senate candidates have presidential aspirations, but if one were to rise to the top, it would be Ken Buck. I hope the Independent continues to watch him. He has a great command of every situation. For now, he wants to serve Colorado and he loves America!
All content © Copyright 2016, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation