Some simple facts:
* Keeping marijuana illegal and unregulated means robberies, home invasions, murders, broken families, shattered lives—all mostly done by law enforcement agencies. Add to that list: environmental devastation, poisoning of lands, streams and wildlife—all preventable by regulated legalization.
* Illegal Drug Cartels cannot operate without the support of politicians, bureaucrats, and police officers.
* Prohibition has been a slow but relentless degradation (death by a zillion cuts) of all our cherished national and international institutions that will leave us crippled for numerous generations.
* The US federal government is now the most dangerous and corrupt corporation on the planet; it is solely comprised of traitorous, lying hucksters who spy on us—in the MPICIC (military/police industrial corporate intelligence complex), the 99% are all probable suspects.
* In 1989, The Kerry Committee found that the United States Department of State had made payments to drug-traffickers. Concluding, that even members of the U.S. State Department, themselves, were involved in drug trafficking. Some of the payments were made even after the traffickers had been indicted by federal law enforcement agencies - or even while these traffickers were under active investigation by these same agencies.
* The involvement of the CIA in running Heroin from Vietnam, Southeast Asia and Afghanistan, and Cocaine from Central America, has been well documented, by the 1989 Kerry Committee report, academic researchers Alfred McCoy and Peter Dale Scott and the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Gary Webb.
* The United States jails a larger percentage of it's own citizens than any other country in the world, including those run by all the other worst totalitarian regimes, yet it has far higher use/addiction rates than most other countries.
* As with torture, prohibition is a grievous crime against humanity. If you support it, or even simply tolerate it by looking the other way while others commit it, you are an accessory to a very serious moral transgression against humanity.
* The United States re-legalized certain drug use in 1933. The drug was alcohol, and the 21st amendment re-legalized its production, distribution and sale. Both alcohol consumption and violent crime dropped immediately as a result. And very soon after, the American economy climbed out of that same prohibition engendered abyss into which it had foolishly fallen.
Prohibition is an absolute wrong; those who support it are absolute wrongdoers—vicious parasites who pray on their own family, friends and neighbors, delivering us all up to be devoured by the most corrupt and venal elements in society. They are waging a predatory war on all we hold dear, bringing corruption and degeneration to our most cherished social structures and institutions.
During alcohol prohibition (1919-1933) all profits went to enrich thugs and corrupt politicians. Young men, while battling over turf, died every day on inner-city streets. A fortune was wasted on enforcement that could have been far more wisely spent. On top of the budget-busting prosecution and incarceration costs, billions in taxes were lost. Finally, (in 1929) the economy collapsed! Sound familiar?
Are we (again) going to stand by and allow our wealth, safety and freedom to be sacrificed on the blood-stained 'alter of prohibition' by traitorous demagogues who cannot control their own vile and sadistic urges?
An ever growing majority of us no longer think we should!
If you sincerely believe that prohibition is a dangerous and counter-productive policy then you can stop helping to enforce it. You are entitled—required even—to act according to your conscience.
* It only takes one juror to prevent a guilty verdict.
* You are not lawfully required to disclose your voting intention before taking your seat on a jury.
* You are also not required to give a reason to the other jurors on your position when voting. Simply state that you find the accused not guilty!
* Jurors must understand that it is their opinion, their vote. If the Judge and the other jurors disapprove, too bad. There is no punishment for having a dissenting opinion.
We must create what we can no longer afford to wait for and end the most destructive, dysfunctional, dishonest and racist social policy since Slavery.
PLEASE VOTE TO ACQUIT!
Can a plant that has so many useful applications be our enemy, and not the Truth Hating Corporate Whores who operate a Crackhouse called Congress?
For far more detailed information kindly google any of the following:
"The Big White Lie: The CIA and the Cocaine/Crack Epidemic" by former DEA agent Michael Levine
"Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion" by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb
"Whiteout: The CIA, Drugs and the Press" by Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair
"The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade" by Alfred W. McCoy
"The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace" by James Mills
"Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA" by Terry Reed, (a former Air Force Intelligence operative) and John Cummings (a former prize-winning investigative reporter at N.Y Newsday).
Every single parasitic Prohibitionist is a willing servant of tyranny and hate, having but one sole purpose - to make the rest of us suffer their putrid legacy of incalculable waste and destruction.
Anyone that wants marijuana is already getting it. Legalizing and regulating marijuana is not adding another harmful intoxicant to society, legalizing gives people the legal opportunity to make the SAFER CHOICE! Alcohol, tobacco, many Rx drugs, many over the counter drugs, even caffeine, aspirin and non-aspirin, can all be deadly and are well documented as being the direct cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths in the USA every year. http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24…
In 1988, after reviewing all scientific evidence brought forth in a lengthy lawsuit against the government’s prohibition of medical marijuana, the DEA’s own administrative law judge (Judge Francis Young) wrote: “MARIJUANA, IN ITS NATURAL FORM, IS ONE OF THE SAFEST THERAPEUTICALLY ACTIVE SUBSTANCES KNOWN. IN STRICT MEDICAL TERMS, MARIJUANA IS SAFER THAN MANY FOODS WE COMMONLY CONSUME.” http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/10946…
No person of any age, in all of recorded history, has ever died from marijuana, marijuana is nontoxic. Many have died from marijuana prohibition and tens of millions have been caged or otherwise seriously harmed. The US arrests someone on marijuana charge every 38 seconds. In 2010, 52.1% of the 1,638,846 total arrests for prohibition violations were for marijuana, making a calculated total of 853,839. Would you rather have your kid locked up with killers and child molesters or would you prefer to do your own proper parenting? http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Marijuana#…
I agree with Loopyhicky, we should continue to save our nation's children from the deadly disease of marijuana!
I'm against legalizing marijuana, and not just to save our very precious children, but also because marijuana addiction is a terrible disease. “A panel of US health experts, headed by "abort every black baby" Bill Bennet, has declared as such, as have many credible-looking websites such as the ONDCP's.
I live in a city that is at the center of the deadly marijuana trade, yet I’ve never used the disgusting stuff. Diseases posses some inherent form of agency – they can infect our children.
Classifying hard marijuana addiction as a “disease” does at least acknowledge the horrors that it unleashes on our defenseless children. Unlike less-harmful—and rightfully legal-substances (alcohol and tobacco) marijuana totally destroys the pitiful ives of most of it's abusers.
Kindly watch the Drug War Clock as it ticks away all our hard earned tax dollars:
Now try the US Debt Clock: http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Alcohol prohibition in the US ran from 1919–1933
Where you aware that "The Great Wall Street Crash" happened during this period?
During alcohol prohibition, all profits went to enrich thugs and criminals. Young men died every day on inner-city streets while battling over turf. A fortune was wasted on enforcement that could have gone on treatment. On top of the budget-busting prosecution and incarceration costs, billions in taxes were lost. Finally the economy collapsed. Sound familiar?
To support prohibition you have to be either totally ignorant, totally stupid, totally brainwashed, totally insane, or totally corrupt.
If you have liberty then expect prosperity!
All Comments »
All content © Copyright 2016, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation