My husband and I had been to blue star a handful of times since moving to the springs about a year ago. Friends of ours had talked it up and we really had seen nothing like it in Colorado Springs.
We were excited to bring my inlaws there when they came to visit for the first time. Everything seemed as usual when we first arrived, we had a table in the lounge area.
Things started going down hill when we got the appetizers. The cheese and meat plate only had one triangle of cheese and was nothing like I remember it being the last time we had ordered it. When one of our several waitresses (sounds nice until they repeat themselves and it becomes unorganized) came to clear our appetizer plates she rubbed the edge of a messy plate against my brother in laws sleeve leaving a sticky mess. We brushed that off pretty quickly though, especially after putting club soda on the spot...
Next thing I know my mother in law is sitting with her main course (salmon) in front of her and she's not touching it, I look at it and there are hairs under the salmon on her plate. When she told the waitress, the waitress offered to get her a new dinner and she comped the meal, but it just wasn't right that after the second mishap from the staff we didn't get a visit from the manager or any kind of sincere apology.
Worst part is next.... My husband woke up with TERRIBLE food poisoning the next day. He had the sea bass and no one else tried his dish. It was a violent case making for a not so great trip for his family. My husband was cooped up in our hotel in Denver all day Saturday and missed an excellent dinner in Boulder.
We are very disappointed in what a scam we fell for, this restaurant poses to be fine dining when really they are unorganized, unsanitary and unprofessional. We will not to recommending this restaurant to anyone in the future and will stay far away from it ourselves!
All content © Copyright 2016, The Colorado Springs Independent
Website powered by Foundation