On Dec. 4, dozens of people boarded two buses for a trek to Denver, where they showed the state Economic Development Commission their support for the City for Champions tourism project.
On Dec. 16, the EDC granted the city's request in full, approving up to $120.5 million over 30 years in state sales tax rebates. So perhaps the $1,782 it cost for those buses was money well spent.
Since the application-process money is being handled by the Colorado Springs Sports Corp., which isn't subject to mandatory disclosure laws, no one can force its release. However, the Indy simply asked for it on March 24, and the city provided it Monday.
The application process has cost $361,092, leaving a balance of $13,908. The $375,000 in funding came from donations of $75,000 each from the city, El Paso County, the Downtown Development Authority, and the El Pomar and Anschutz foundations.
The biggest single expense, $51,056, was paid to Champions Plaza Consulting, a firm formed in November 2012 by local businessman Don Addy, who has spoken publicly in favor of C4C several times. That's about the time the projects were conceived, according to previous comments by UCCS Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak.
Another major expense was $50,000, to Denver law firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber and Schreck, to write the application. The firm is still owed a $100,000 "success fee" now that C4C has gotten state funding, according to an agreement obtained by the Indy. The firm also is to be paid $25,000 for writing the resolution submitted to the state last week.
Other spending includes:
• $45,930 for research, writing, brand development, video production and printing to various firms.
• $43,577 for "architectural/animations" from Davis Partnership.
• $39,350 for museum research by Gallo Inc., and Ricker/Cunningham Economics.
• $38,481 to Summit Economics, which studied the economic impact of a downtown stadium.
• $35,000 for design planning and maps from a firm listed as HB&A.
• $30,818 for application fees paid to the state.
• $14,447 for application production by Vladimir Jones.
• $7,000 for research by Wilson Perkins Allen, a polling firm, and $1,750 for research by Elizabeth Martin.
My husband packed out of the house and file for divorce after 15yrs of marriage…
DR TEBE HELP ME BRING MY LOVE BACK My name is MIA MARY, I am…
Tannim Considering CSF is attempting to exercise influence they might not really possess, and the…