• Boulder's Ozo Coffee Co. products grease the grinders at Nemo's Coffee Espresso Bar and Sandwich Shop (2114 E. Pikes Peak Ave., nemoscoffee.com). If you've got a minute, eschew the drive-thru and sit down to sample from the lively food menu, which features lots of organics.
• Coffee & Tea Zone (see here) pours its goodness at 3245 Cinema Point, just outside Cinemark Carefree Circle and IMAX for pre- or post-movie antioxidant lubrication.
• Sometimes going to the hospital ain't so bad, especially if you're just ducking in to the first floor of St. Francis Medical Center for a cup of Seattle's Best at Healing Grounds Coffee Bar (6001 E. Woodmen Road, penrosestfrancis.org).
• On that same note, the Audubon Medical Campus hosts Java Mountain Espresso Bar (3030 N. Circle Drive, podtrailbars.com), well worth a quick detour for house-made POD Trail Bars ("packets of decadence") paired with a Dogtooth Coffee Company mug of the dark stuff.
• When you fly out of our airport, Denver-based Novo Coffee (7770 Milton E. Proby Pkwy., springsgov.com/AirportIndex.aspx), just outside security check, will treat you right. And near Gate 5, a Pikes Perk Coffee (see here) kiosk offers a second chance for a wide-awake voyage.
As a volunteer Coach and Mentor in my third year at The First Tee of…