1. The Duke of Burgundy: This luxurious and beguiling love story ostensibly follows two women living in a dominant-submissive relationship, but writer-director Peter Strickland confounds notions of role play and power in almost every scene.
2. Mad Max: Fury Road: After years of wasting his time on motion-captured singing penguins, George Miller triumphantly returns to the Mad Max-verse, delivering a relentless action ballet choreographed in fire and metal.
3. Listen to Me Marlon: Marlon Brando, in his own words, reflecting on his unusual life and how it shaped him as an actor and public figure; hypnotic and stunning.
4. It Follows: One of the best horror films of the millennium, an unsettling and nightmarishly lucid expression of sexual paranoia, akin to Texas Chainsaw Massacre-era Tobe Hooper helming Under the Skin.
5. Mistress America: A charming and acridly hilarious hipster screwball comedy from Noah Baumbach, with a towering performance by Greta Gerwig.
Five more to seek out: The Look of Silence, Wild Tales, Timbuktu, Far from the Madding Crowd, Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem.
Disappointed to see you didn't include http://wwwkoffeekompanions.com in this section because online businesses based in…
Black Forest Animal Sanctuary is very proud to be able to bring dogs like Joey…