While private developers scout the area, UCCS is continuing with its own expansion projects. Here's what's new:
• Lane Center for Academic Health and Sciences: Opened in February 2014, the 54,000-square-foot-center houses several clinics, most aimed at providing health care for adults, while also offering training to students and research into new treatments. It cost about $18 million to build.
• Academic Office Building and Alpine Parking Garage and Field: Opened in August 2014, the Academic building added 112 faculty offices and cost $14.5 million to construct. The parking garage, which also features two soccer fields on the top floor, cost $23 million and added 1,234 parking spaces.
• Village at Alpine Valley: The first phase of this $74.5 million expansion of student housing is underway. It will eventually include space for 515 students in one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom suite-style housing. The first phase, due to be done in August, will have space for 292 students.
• UCCS Recreation and Wellness Center expansion: This $16.3 million project will add 47,605 square feet to the existing site. In addition to fitness amenities, the expansion will include the Student Health Center and Counseling Center. It's scheduled to be completed later this year.
• Ent Center for the Arts: This $60 million complex is scheduled to break ground in August and open in January 2018. The center will include a 750-seat main theater; a 250-seat recital hall; the 250-seat Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater, home to TheatreWorks; the Osborne Theater; and the Gallery of Contemporary Art Education.
• UCCS Sports Medicine and Performance Center: This $27 million project is part of the City for Champions proposal. The center, which has no groundbreaking date as of yet, will cater to elite athletes and military veterans.
The Parks are worth " hundreds of millions " ... But we won't spend to…
Nice suggestions . Speaking of which if you require a CO DR-447-E , my secretary…
I want to share this wonderful testimony to the people all over the world on…