• Tentatively opening in mid-December in the remodeled former location of Cubanacan and El Tenampa is Bobbi's (208 N. Union Blvd.), the creation of returning Colorado native Barbara Carlton. Using her own recipes, Carlton will offer pizzas, gyros, sandwiches and salads in addition to wine and domestic beers.
• 414 W. Fillmore St. has completed its latest identity crisis and has come out the other side as a sports bar/restaurant/dance club calling itself Redstone (635-9211). Previously Rowdy's, then Dino's Bar, the current spot offers an expanded menu of pizza, calzones and strombolis, and a recession-friendly $1 pint special on Mondays.
Owner Dung My Tram has made some menu additions to her one-year-old Vietnamese Garden (3043 W. Pikes Peak Ave., vietnamesegarden.net), many in response to customer requests for more gluten-free options. According to assistant manager Jaishree Prakash, three new GF cakes have spiced up the dessert menu: steamed banana, mung bean and cassava. The first two come with a coconut sauce and sesame sprinkles, and the latter with whipped cream and an $1.25 up-charge coconut, mango or vanilla ice cream.
Prior to dessert, you can try a new grilled eggplant dish with a savory coconut sauce and a vegetable tofu curry stir-fry. Lunch specials continue from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, with all noodle bowls and soups having dropped to $7.95.
À la carte
• For $49 plus tax and tip, enjoy a 6 p.m Cinque Terre Wine dinner on Monday, Dec. 7, at Pizzeria Rustica (2527 W. Colorado Ave., pizzeriarustica.com), featuring the house-cured charcuterie creations of new chef Justin Trudeau, formerly of Nosh. Also look for the opening sometime soon of a new covered, heated patio wine bar, to be called Enoteca Rustica.
• Attend the Wine & Swine Tasting Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9, at the Margarita at PineCreek (7350 Pine Creek Road, 598-8667). It will feature wines from the Wine Seller and Classic Wines, and pork products from Larga Vista Ranch. Seats are $55 plus tax/tip. While there, check out the restaurant's new lounge menu, built around a "gastropub" theme.
• Print a flier out at coloradospringsconservatory.org (under "CSC Events") and present it at the 17 S. Tejon St. Chipotle location between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m., Dec. 9, and the conservatory will receive 50 percent of the purchase proceeds.