1. "Hippy Hippy Shake," The Swingin' Blue Jeans. Yes, originally done by Chan Romero, but in the '50s.
2. "The Twist," Chubby Checker. Not to mention "Slow Twistin'," "Let's Twist Again," "Teach Me to Twist," and any other of the 4,000 or so variations he managed to milk from this song.
3. "Mickey's Monkey," The Miracles. This was before Berry Gordy re-dubbed them Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.
4. "Land of 1,000 Dances," various artists. Preferred: Wilson Pickett's version.
5. "Harlem Shuffle," Bob & Earl. So cool that The Rolling Stones covered it 25 years later.
Says who? G.T. from "Vintage Voltage" on KRCC 91.5 FM.
Hey Rocky, Congress was supposed to control the President but FDR started shifting that power…
You guys are awesome - so glad you are my neighbors and I get to…
Amazing story of some amazing groups of people who care. Well done.