Monday, September 27, 2010

In case of emergency....

Posted By on Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

If a flood, tornado, fire or some other calamity struck El Paso County, who would need assistance in evacuating their homes?

A group of agencies has under taken the task of compiling a database of who would need special help. Here's more from a press release:

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Management, Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management, Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging, and Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 have teamed up to create a Special Needs Emergency Evacuation Registry for El Paso County. The Emergency Evacuation Registry is a tool to help plan for evacuation in case of an emergency. The Registry is a database designed to help emergency workers to identify people who may not be able to evacuate without assistance during an emergency.

The Registry will operate as part of 2-1-1 under Pikes Peak United Way. 2-1-1 is an information and referral hotline for health and human service needs. Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 community specialists are bilingual and 2-1-1 is Colorado Relay compatible. Simply dial 2-1-1 or 719-955-0742.

The Registry is for El Paso County residents who have some type of condition or impairment that would limit their ability to safely evacuate their home in a time of emergency. Registration is available by calling 2-1-1 or 719-955-0742.

Working to keep you safe.
  • Working to keep you safe.

Tags: , , , ,


Speaking of...


Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Latest in IndyBlog

All content © Copyright 2019, The Colorado Springs Independent

Website powered by Foundation