Monday, December 5, 2011

Clerk's office closed

Posted By on Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Don't try to get a license plate or register to vote at the downtown office of the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder this week. It's closed for construction, as the county converts clerk's offices at Centennial Hall, 200 S. Cascade Ave., to space for county commissioners, the county administrator, county attorney, budget director and public information officer.

Deputy Clerk Alissa Vander Veen issued this notice:

The El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office - Downtown Branch will be closed beginning today through December 9, 2011 for construction. Customers are encouraged to visit the Main Clerk & Recorder’s Office at Citizens Service Center, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road. The Motor Vehicle and Recording Departments are located on the first floor in Suite 1200. The Election Department is located on the second floor in Suite 2202.

In addition to the main office on Garden of the Gods Road, there are Clerk & Recorder’s Branch Offices at:
• North at Union Boulevard and Research Parkway
• Southeast at Powers Boulevard and Airport Road
All offices are open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The North Branch office is open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.


In addition, Vander Veen reminds voters that the deadline to declare affiliation with the Republican Party prior to the Colorado Republican Caucus is Wednesday.

Voters who are not already affiliated with the Colorado Republican Party and wish to be have until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday to change their party affiliation in order to participate in the Republican Caucus. Colorado Statute requires that voters must be affiliated with the party two (2) months prior to the party’s caucus. The Colorado Republican Party has elected to hold their caucus on Tuesday, February 7, 2012.
Voters can go to to change their party affiliation. Voters also can mail in a voter registration form to the El Paso County Election Department, P.O. Box 2007, Colorado Springs, CO 80901. Voter Registration Forms are available at all Clerk & Recorder Branch Offices or online at



Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Latest in IndyBlog

All content © Copyright 2018, The Colorado Springs Independent

Website powered by Foundation