safflower44 
Member since Dec 28, 2008


Custom Lists

  • Zip.

Stats

Friends

  • No friends yet.
Become My Friend Find friends »
OtherArea: Maine

Recent Comments

Re: “Fatal mistake?

While reading this I was brought back to Feb 12,2007 when I received a phone call that would change my life forever. My son had also been administered methadone on a thursday and was found unconcious by monday morning. He was being treated by the VA out in colorado springs for lower back pain,PTSD and cystine disease. Death Certificate quoted drug intoxification as the reason for death. Just makes me wonder how many of these are happening out there. My son was 27 years old at the time. They send these men home with a prescription for this drug and never explain any warnings of the effects of taking extra's will have on them. They are so used to doing the pain pills that when given meth it doesn't have the same effects on the pain that they are used to so I am sure that one would think they could take an extra one at the time with no ill results. Consulted with the coroner about my sons results and he stated that there is too much of this going on that these patients should be admitted to the hospital for the initial start up of methadone so that the amount can be monitored. Doesn't take much to turn lethal as we have all seen. Wouldn't want the Army to step up and admit any wrong doing in the lives of these soldiers. Sincerely Toni Lovejoy

1 like, 0 dislikes
Posted by safflower44 on 12/28/2008 at 1:57 PM

Favorite Places

  • None.
Find places »

Saved Events

  • Nada.
Find events »

Saved Stories

  • Nope.
Find stories »

All content © Copyright 2017, The Colorado Springs Independent

Website powered by Foundation