Sean Kammer 
Member since Jan 21, 2015


Custom Lists

  • Zip.

Stats

Friends

  • No friends yet.
Become My Friend Find friends »

Recent Comments

Re: “Eighty people have as much wealth as half the Earth

Pretty alarming, but you've conflated two different statistics with the following:

"the world's richest 1 percent, or roughly 80 billionaires, will control over 50 percent of the wealth of the world by 2016. In other words, 80 people have as much wealth as the other 3,562,500,000 people combined."

The two stats are the following: (1) that by 2016 or 2017, the richest 1 percent (over 70 million people, not 80) will own half the wealth, with the other 99% of people owning the other half; and (2) that the richest 80 people already own as much as the poorest 50% of people. The poorest half of the world own much less than half the wealth, which is part of the point.

1 like, 0 dislikes
Posted by Sean Kammer on 01/21/2015 at 5:53 PM

Favorite Places

  • None.
Find places »

Saved Events

  • Nada.
Find events »

Saved Stories

  • Nope.
Find stories »

All content © Copyright 2017, The Colorado Springs Independent

Website powered by Foundation